Mason Temple Church Of God In Christ
Mason Temple Church Of God In Christ, named after the founder of the Church Of God In Christ, Inc., Bishop Charles Harrison Mason, was first conceived in 1938. For the first three weeks of the church's existence, services were held in the living room and on the front porch of our own Missionary, Mother Mary Maynor's house. The services were later moved to the sidewalk in front of her house. The members soon rented a building on 9th Avenue in Conway, South Carolina for $3.00 per month from a Mrs. Hawkins.